SW Plan to Deliver Accessible Customer Service
PLAN TO DELIVER ACCESSIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE
Effective Date: January 1, 2016
Swensen’s® takes the position that customer service and information will be provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities.
The provision of customer service and information to persons with disabilities and others are integrated into our company’s general customer service practices unless an alternate measure is necessary, whether temporarily or on a permanent basis, to enable a person with a disability to obtain, use or benefit from the customer service and information our company provides.
Reasonable efforts will be used to provide persons with disabilities an opportunity equal to that given to others to obtain customer service and information.
Our organization has reviewed and adjusted our facilities, where reasonably possible, to provide ease of customer service and information to customers with disabilities.
Communication and Information
Our organization has reviewed our methods of communication and providing information to persons with disabilities and has implemented procedures to take into account the customer’s disability when communicating with them.
Our organization welcomes people with disabilities and their service animals. These service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person can have that person accompany them on our premises. Our organization recognizes that there may be occasions where a person with a disability wishes to speak in confidence their preference before discussing personal information.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
Should a planned or unexpected disruption to our services or facilities occur that impact persons with disabilities our organization will notify these customers promptly. Notices of the disruption will be posted clearly and include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time and a description of alternative options, if available.
Swensen’s® welcomes feedback from our customers with disabilities on the way we provide customer service and information.
Feedback can be provided to us in the following ways:
- Online website (www.swensensicecream.com)
- Feedback form available at Swensen’s® stores
We take all feedback seriously. Complaints and suggestions will be addressed according to our company’s regular complaint management procedures. Feedback will be responded to within 72 hours.
Our company provides training to our employees or other third parties operating on our behalf. Training is provided through a Resource Manual and workbook or E-Learning web based format and is accessible to staff 24/7 from any computer.
- An overview of the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) 2005 and the requirements of the Customer Service Standards.
- Plans and procedures related to the Customer Service Standards.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- Ensuring confidentiality, as much as is possible, for customers with disabilities, when accompanied by a support person
- Understanding how to interact with customers with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or support person
- How to use equipment or devices on our premises that may help provide service to persons with disabilities
- What to do if a person with a disability has difficulty accessing our customer service or information
Date: January 1, 2016
This Plan was last reviewed on: January 1, 2016